White Papers & Law Review Articles
- Daniel A. Hanley et al., Financing Free Speech: A Typology of Government Competition Policies in Media and Communications Markets, Center for Journalism & Liberty (Sept. 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley & Sally Hubbard, Eyes Everywhere: Amazon’s Surveillance Infrastructure and Revitalizing Worker Power, Open Markets Institute (Aug. 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, A Topology of Multisided Digital Platforms, Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal (June 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley et al., Fixing America: Breaking Manufacturers’ Aftermarket Monopoly and Restoring Consumers’ Right to Repair, Open Markets Institute (April 2020).
Op-eds and Other Publications
- Daniel A. Hanley, The First Thing a Biden FTC Should Tackle: We Need the Right to Repair Our Products, Slate (Nov. 18, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, Three Steps the Biden Administration Should Take to Tackle America’s Monopoly Problem, ProMarket (Nov. 13, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, The Justice Department Should Pursue a Breakup of Google’s Monopoly, Newsweek (Oct. 23, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, The FCC Has Untapped Powers. The Next Administration Needs to Use Them, Washington Monthly (Oct. 9, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, Universal Broadband, Now More Than Ever, The American Prospect (Oct. 2, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, Ad Mergers Won’t Save Journalism. Strict Merger Rules Would, Wired (Sept. 10, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, Google and Facebook Are Essential, Let’s Regulate Them That Way, Broadband Breakfast (July 31, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, Another Trump Legacy: Spreading Price Discrimination on the Internet, Washington Monthly (July 30, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, Fixing Facebook Would Take More Than Collective Action – It Requires Structural Change, ProMarket (July 17, 2020).
- Claire Kelloway & Daniel A. Hanley, How Enforcing Antitrust Rules Can Help Our E-waste Crisis, The Hill (May 14, 2020).
- Daniel Hanley & Claire Kelloway, Coronavirus Reveals Consequences of Restricted Repair, The American Prospect (May 12, 2020).
- Daniel Hanley, Zoom, Netflix, Slack: Amazon Is Behind All the Services We Use to Work From Home (and That’s a Problem), ProMarket (April 9, 2020).
- Daniel A. Hanley, The States Must Appeal the Decision to Allow the Sprint/T-Mobile Deal, ProMarket (Feb. 20, 2020).
- Alpha Kappa Psi – Psi Rho Chapter Alumni Conference, Network Effects and Antitrust (Speaker, March 2018)
- TEDx talk at the University of Connecticut, Market Consolidation (Speaker, April 2017)